Attorney Mark Swartz
In 1980 I graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with
Highest Honors in Philosophy and Political Science. While at UCSB I was
selected to the Dean's List every quarter and served on the College
of Letters and Sciences Dean's Honors Council.
I attended law school at Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of
California, Berkeley, graduating in 1985. While at Boalt I served as an
Executive Editor for the Ecology Law Quarterly and I worked as a student
intern for the Alaska Supreme Court.
After graduating from Boalt Hall, I began my career as a trial lawyer with
the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office from 1985 to 1990.
During this time I was a member of the Hardcore Gang Unit and prosecuted
numerous murder and attempted murder trials involving various members
of Blood and Crips gangs in Compton and South Central Los Angeles.
In June of 1990 my wife and I moved to Sacramento and I joined the Sacramento
County District Attorneys Office. During my career with the Sacramento
County District Attorney's Office, I served in the Career Criminal
Unit, the Gang Unit and the Major Crimes Unit where I prosecuted 17 murder trials.
In 1997, I left the District Attorney's Office and began my career
as a civil trial lawyer specializing in plaintiffs personal injury cases.
Overall I have tried over 100 civil and criminal jury trials including
23 murder trials. I am also
AV rated by Martindale Hubbel and rated a 10.0 by
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Arbitrator for Sacramento
- El Dorado Counties
- listed in Who's Who and the Best Lawyers Consumer Guide
- Sierra Sharks Swim Team- Past President, Vice President and member of the
Board of Directors.
- El Dorado Youth Soccer League- Member Board of Directors and Director of
- Coach - National Junior Basketball, Ponderosa Little League, Prospector
- Friends of the Library- Vice President and Member of the Board of Directors